As an independent company, SG&A provides clients with appropriately qualified and certificated experts to give you the advice you need to be compliant with current legislation.
Any employer using ionising radiation is required to appoint a;
- Radiation Protection Adviser
- Radioactive Waste Adviser when using isotopes
- Medical Physics Expert when radiation involves the imaging of people
or a combination of the above.
Our service is a working partnership with our clients. We conduct a site visit, observe working practices, audit the radiation protection documentation, monitor and test where appropriate equipment for dose rate, working parameters and leakage.
A comprehensive report is then provided with advice and recommendations for compliance, including (as necessary);
- Risk assessments
- Environmental Permitting
- Designation of areas
- Safe working practices and local rules
- Optimisation of patient dose
- Radiation protection documentation
- Contingency planning and investigation of incidents
- Quality assurance
- Appropriate monitoring
- Personal dosimetry
- Training requirements
To find out more about your specific sector, use the ‘Services’ drop down above or, get in touch.