There are 2 types of CPD courses:
- Radiation Protection & Legislation for Dental Radiographers
GDP’s and nurses/hygienists who have a Certificate in Dental Radiography.
- Radiation Protection & Aspects of Radiography for the Dental Team
Designed specifically for nurses, hygienists and practice staff who do not take x-rays.
Where and when are the courses available?
- We speak at a number of post-graduate centres throughout East Anglia. Please note, we are unable to book the course
directfor you. You must book through the website and the intrepid manager at…
- An online version of the course specifically written and designed for our partners, Isopharm. Available in bitesize 1-hour sessions and on completion provides 5hrs of verifiable CPD.
- We also run courses independently at our training facility in Norfolk – further details below
Radiation Protection & Legislation for Dental Radiographers
To provide dental radiographers with information pertaining to radiation protection and legislation and fulfilling their CPD requirements.
This course provides 6 hours and satisfies Learning Outcomes A, B, C, & D of the Enhanced Continuing Professional Development requirements.
Topics discussed will include:
- Principles of Radiation Physics
- Radiation Doses
doselimitation measures to help update policesfor radiation protection within the dental practice in a legal, practical and applied context
- Factors affecting Doses
- Requirements of IRR2017 & IR(ME)R2017 and awareness of the statutory duties and responsibilities placed on GDP’s and other practice staff
- Women, Pregnancy and Children
- Constructing a Radiation Protection File for your Practice
- Quality Assurance
Radiation Protection & Aspects of Radiography for the Dental Team
The nurses, hygienists and practice staff who do not take x-rays will gain basic radiation protection knowledge.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR DENTISTS.
Topics discussed will include:
- Know the concepts of radiation dose and biological effects, of ionising radiation
- Understand the concepts of radiation protection in a legal, practical, and applied sense.
- Define the role of DCP’s in the production of a radiographic image and recognise the skills and value of producing a radiological diagnosis from a dental image.
- Quality assurance programmes in dental practices.
Putting x-rays into perspective
Before the course, it is recommended that you read the Local Rules for Your Practice.
The Information below applies to both courses.
A Study Guide covering all lectures within the course is given to each delegate.
Lunch is provided with unlimited coffee, tea and biscuits, snacks at break times; table water throughout the day
Cancellation between 21 days and 15 days before the date of the course will be charged at 40% of the course fee.
Cancellation within 15 days of the course will be charged the full course fee.
All delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate detailing the statutory obligations which have been met
The course fee is £105 + VAT per delegate.
2019 dates tbc