Microsoft Teams Interactive Live Course
There are 2 types of CPD courses:
- Radiation Protection & Legislation for Dental Radiographers
GDP’s and nurses/hygienists who have a Certificate in Dental Radiography.
- Radiation Protection & Aspects of Radiography for the Dental Team
Designed specifically for nurses, hygienists and practice staff who do not take x-rays.
Where and when are the courses available?
- We speak at a number of post-graduate centres throughout East Anglia. Please note, we are unable to book the course
directfor you. You must book through the website and the intrepid manager at:
NHS East Of England Dental Courses & CPD
- We run courses independently at our training facility in Norfolk – further details below
- We can provide bespoke courses which can be run either at your premises or at our training facilities. For further details please contact email@example.com
Radiation Protection & Legislation for Dental Radiographers
Tuesday 20th April 2021
To provide dental radiographers with information pertaining to radiation protection and legislation and fulfilling their CPD requirements.
This course provides 6 hours and satisfies Learning Outcomes A, B, C, & D of the Enhanced Continuing Professional Development requirements.
Topics discussed will include:
- Principles of Radiation Physics
- Radiation Doses
doselimitation measures to help update policesfor radiation protection within the dental practice in a legal, practical and applied context
- Factors affecting Doses
- Requirements of IRR2017 & IR(ME)R2017 and awareness of the statutory duties and responsibilities placed on GDP’s and other practice staff
- Women, Pregnancy and Children
- Constructing a Radiation Protection File for your Practice
- Quality Assurance
Radiation Protection & Aspects of Radiography for the Dental Team
*Currently no planned dates for 2021
The nurses, hygienists and practice staff who do not take x-rays will gain basic radiation protection knowledge.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR DENTISTS.
Topics discussed will include:
- Know the concepts of radiation dose and biological effects, of ionising radiation
- Understand the concepts of radiation protection in a legal, practical, and applied sense.
- Define the role of DCP’s in the production of a radiographic image and recognise the skills and value of producing a radiological diagnosis from a dental image.
- Quality assurance programmes in dental practices.
Putting x-rays into perspective
Before the course, it is recommended that you read the Local Rules for Your Practice.
The Information below applies to both courses.
A Study Guide covering all lectures within the course is given to each delegate.
Regular refreshment and comfort breaks are scheduled during the online course.
For courses held at our offices in Snetterton Norfolk, lunch is provided with unlimited coffee, tea and biscuits, snacks at break times; table water throughout the day.
Cancellation between 21 days and 15 days before the date of the course will be charged at 40% of the course fee.
Cancellation within 15 days of the course will be charged the full course fee.
All delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate detailing the statutory obligations which have been met
The course fee is £155 + VAT per delegate.
Radiation Protection and Legislation for Dental Radiographers –
No planned dates for 2021
Radiation Protection & Aspects of Radiography for the Dental Team – No planned dates for 2021