Microsoft Teams Interactive Live Course
Radiation Protection & Legislation for Dental Radiographers
This course is for GDP’s and nurses/hygienists who have a Certificate in Dental Radiography.
To provide dental radiographers with information pertaining to radiation protection and legislation and fulfilling their CPD requirements.
This course provides 6 hours and satisfies Learning Outcomes A, B, C, & D of the Enhanced Continuing Professional Development requirements.
Topics discussed will include:
- Principles of Radiation Physics
- Radiation Doses
- Practical dose limitation measures to help update polices for radiation protection within the dental practice in a legal, practical and applied context
- Factors affecting Doses
- Requirements of IRR2017 & IR(ME)R2017 and awareness of the statutory duties and responsibilities placed on GDP’s and other practice staff
- Women, Pregnancy and Children
- Constructing a Radiation Protection File for your Practice
- Quality Assurance
Our next scheduled course, via Microsoft Teams is: no further dates scheduled for 2023
A Study Guide covering all lectures within the course is given to each delegate.
Regular refreshment and comfort breaks are scheduled during the online course.
Cancellation between 21 days and 15 days before the date of the course will be charged at 40% of the course fee.
Cancellation within 15 days of the course will be charged the full course fee.
All delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate detailing the statutory obligations which have been met
The course fee is £155 + VAT per delegate.