Radiation Protection Supervisors for Isotope Users
All who work with either open or closed sources of radiation and within research, pharmaceutical, medical and veterinary fields
The course is designed to give delegates the knowledge, and an understanding, of the requirements of the relevant legislation/s, to be able to carry out their primary RPS role of supervising work with sources of ionising radiation more confidently and effectively. The course will also give them the ability to be able to contribute to any consequential responsibilities in the development of radiation protection and legislative compliance procedures at their place of work.
- The role of the Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS)
- Fundamental Radiation Science
- Dose concepts
- Biological effects
- Legislation, ICRP, European directives
- IRR17, ACOP, Guidance, main requirements
- EPR2018 (RSA 1993), Exemptions, Source Management
- Hazards and controls
- Monitoring, instruments and personal dosimetry
- Waste management
- Packages, movement and transport
- Incidents, contingency planning
Course Format Over The 2 Days
Formal lectures supplemented by two practical sessions to illustrate radiation detection and protection.
A separate space is set up to work as a mock lab
A short assessment is given at the end of the course
Lunch is provided with unlimited coffee, tea and biscuits, snacks at break times; table water throughout the day
A Study Guide covering all lectures within the course is given to each delegate. It also contains important practical and legislative information.
All delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate detailing the statutory obligations which have been met
The course fee is £445 + VAT per delegate
- Tuesday 26 & Wednesday 27 February 2019
- Wednesday 13th & Thursday 14th March 2019 (Vet Specific Scintigraphy)
- Tuesday 15 & Wednesday 16 October 2019
Cancellation between 21 days and 15 days before the date of the course will be charged at 40% of the course fee
Cancellation within 15 days of the course will be charged the full course fee.