Radiation Protection Supervisors (RPS) for X-Ray Users
1-day course – Microsoft Teams Interactive Live Course
We also provide RPS courses specifically for Vets and Engineers
All who work routinely with, and take supervisory duties for X-ray units used in practical situations e.g. engineering, commercial, medical and veterinary fields and research – crystallography, diffraction and other relevant areas
The course is designed to give delegates the knowledge, and an understanding, of the requirements of the relevant legislation/s, to be able to carry out their primary RPS role of supervising work with sources of ionising radiation more confidently and effectively. The course will also give them the ability to be able to contribute to any consequential responsibilities in the development of radiation protection and legislative compliance procedures at their place of work.
- Properties of X-radiation
- Radiation Dose: Concept and Units
- Biological Effects
- Doses from X-radiation and other sources
- Detection of X-rays: Portable Instruments and Personal Dosimetry
- Statutory Duties: and particular requirements of IRR17
- Contingencies and Accidents
- There is a short MCQ assessment
All delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate detailing the statutory obligations which have been met.
Regular refreshment and comfort breaks are scheduled during the online course.
For courses held at our offices in Snetterton, Norfolk lunch is provided with unlimited coffee, tea and biscuits, snacks at break times; table water throughout the day.
A Study Guide covering all lectures within the course is given to each delegate. It also contains important practical and legislative information
The course fee is £327 + VAT per delegate
Forthcoming Dates for all X-Ray Users – Interactive Online Course
- Thursday 28th October 2021
- Wednesday 26th January 2022
- Tuesday 26th April 2022
Radiation Protection Supervisors for Veterinary X-Ray Users – Interactive Online Course
- Tuesday 9th November 2021- FULL
- Tuesday 18th January 2022
- Wednesday 23rd February 2022
- Monday 21st March 2022
Radiation Protection Supervisors for Engineers
- No dates currently planned for 2021/22